FunPlus International AG
Grafenauweg 8, 6300 Zug, Switzerland, email: email@example.com
Last updated: 23 December, 2021
This policy applies to personal information held about our customers, our suppliers and prospective suppliers, people who visit our websites, and anyone else whose personal information we hold.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means FunPlus International AG, Switzerland , a company registered in Switzerland whose registered office is at Grafenauweg 8, 6300 Zug, Switzerland. This policy deals with where we are acting as a ‘data controller’ under the data protection legislation: which essentially means where we are responsible for deciding what personal information we collect and how we use it. We also often operate as a ‘data processor’, meaning that we are processing personal information on behalf of another entity (for example a publisher of one of our games). When we refer to “personal information”, we mean “personal” relating to you personally or from which you can be identified. Some of the information mentioned in this policy is not “personal information” as is meant under data protection legislation, but we may refer to it to help you understand what we do.
We are committed to protecting and respecting the personal information of everyone we deal with – that is important to us and we know it is important to you.
In this policy you will find information about what types of personal information we hold about you, how and why we collect it, how we use it, and how we keep it secure. You will also find the information about your rights and how you may exercise them.
Please read this policy carefully and if you need to contact us about anything that is in here, or for anything else related to your personal information, you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at the above address.
You’ll find in this policy information about the following:
1. What information do we collect about you?
What information we hold will depend on our relationship with you. Typically, this may include the following:
|Customers/players||We will collect some information about you to enable you to play our games, to improve or optimise your gaming experience, to provide customer services, to improve the services we provide and for marketing (see below for more details). This includes:
|Our suppliers||We will collect contact information so that we can manage our relationship with you, and, where applicable we may collect bank account details (to enable payment for services). When you provide services to us we may collect other information from you which is relevant to the provision of those services.|
|Job applicants||If you apply for a job with us, or send us your CV, we will collect information relevant to the position that you apply for and will keep a copy of your CV for as long as is necessary in order to assess your suitability for a position with us. This will be explained in more detail at the time you make any application.|
2. How we collect information about you
We will collect this information in a variety of ways depending on how we interact with you.
|Direct interactions||You may give us your identity, contact or other information by filling in online forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, in-game, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
3. How we use your information
We use different information in different ways:
- To send you communications related to our services and games, answer your enquiries or deal with your complaints;
- Providing and managing our services including our games;
- Allowing you to participate in our website features;
- Verifying and confirming payments (where relevant interacting with third party payment providers);
- Account verification and clearance;
- Direct marketing letting you know about products and services that may be of particular interest to you;
- Administering surveys and opinion polls;
- Managing competitions and/or promotions and your registration for the same;
- Technical and usage information/analytics to help us develop games that our customers want to play and to improve them and to detect cheating and activities that ruin the experience of players using our games, security risks, fraud and other unlawful activity;
- Business and website analysis and improvement;
- The provision of social features as part of our services;
- Customising your personal experience;
- To send you related information such as updates, security alerts and support messages;
- On-site and in-app advertising and promotion of our goods and services and those of our service providers and trusted third parties;
- Website, system administration and account verification;
- Leader boards, Discord and community information, nicknames and club name/club information;
- To moderate communications between players either automatically or manually;
- To answer or satisfy legal or regulatory requirements; and
- When you interact with third party social networking features to serve you with advertisements and engage with you on third party social networks (we encourage you to review the privacy notices/policies of these social networks to enable you to opt out of such activities).
4. Legal basis for processing
There are a number of different legal grounds for processing personal information. Which one is applicable will depend on how we are using your information and for what purpose. In the majority of cases this condition will be that:
- You have provided your consent to us using your personal information in that way (for example where you provide us with consent to send you marketing communications about our products and services); and/or
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to manage your account); and/or
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation.
We generally do not collect or process any ‘special categories’ of personal data (including information regarding your health, religious or political beliefs, ethnic background, sexual life and sexual orientation). If this would apply, we will generally rely on obtaining additional specific consent from you at the time we collect the information unless there is a legal requirement or other justification for processing that information.
Protecting children’s privacy is of high importance for us. Our websites and our games are not intended for children under 13 years old and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children under 13. In respect of games that are not directed at children but which may nonetheless appeal to them, we take additional steps to limit access to the Services based on the player’s age.
6. Sharing your information
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or our affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy. This may include:
- Our business partners and suppliers;
- Sub-processors who store or process information on our behalf, in particular data analytics providers and data storage providers. Information shared with such providers is supplied in an anonymised format such that, that data cannot be linked to any particular individual and is therefore not considered to be ‘personal data’;
- Our auditors, insurers, lawyers and other professional advisers;
- Credit reference agencies;
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so;
- Other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
7. Social Features
Social features are a core component of our games. Other players and users may, for example, see your profile data, in-game activities and read the messages you have posted.
Our games and services may include features from our partners, if any, such as social media interaction tools (and albeit not currently, in the future may also relate to in-game advertising). These partners, if any, may in such case, following your consent, access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices and opt out where you deem relevant.
8. International Data Transfers
Our Service is global by nature and your data can therefore be transferred to anywhere in the world. Because different countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in this policy. Our relevant group entities and partners will use adequate safeguards, which may amongst others include EU-approved standard contractual clauses .
9. Your rights
Under EU data protection laws you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. We respect and honour these rights and will help you to exercise them insofar as we are able.
You have the right:
- To request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- To rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- To ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- To withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- To ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- To restrict processing of your personal data;
- To data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- To object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
- To not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Please note that these rights are not absolute – in some cases they will not apply to you, or to the particular use that we are making of your data, and there are exceptions (for example if we have to process the data to comply with our own legal obligations) but if that is the case we will let you know if you make a request that we believe we cannot comply with.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, you have the option to fully control the data you shared with us, and you may update your information directly under your profile or adjust the settings on your device.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our Swedish EU GDPR Representative EUrepresentativeoffice@funplus.com or contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area respectively the Swedish data protection authority.
If you have accepted to receive notifications for a certain game, we may use your personal information to send you tailored suggestions, offers or auction information about the game. For personalised in-game offers opt-out, you can use the options provided in the game settings. You can easily turn off the notification in each different category within the game or opt out from receiving notifications or alerts on your device.
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications, if any, by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android).
11. How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out in this notice or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity data, (and financial and transaction data relating to transactions via our store, if any)) for six tax years plus the current tax year after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see “Your rights” for further information.
We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you opt out from marketing, we may retain the necessary information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Such measures will be appropriate to the nature of the data concerned and the level of risk. If you have been provided with a password to access any of our services you should not share that password with anyone else.
13. Links to Other Sites
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
15. Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where material and appropriate, notified to you by in-game message. We urge you to check regularly to see any updates or changes to our policy.