Last updated: 1 February 2024
Our games are not designed to be used by children under the age of 13. You are not allowed to create an account or play our games if you are under 13. If you are between 13 and 18 years old, you can only play our games if you have the permission of your parent or legal guardian.
1. WHO ARE WE?
We are a videogames company called FunPlus. Our address is Bahnhofstrasse 2, 6300 Zug, Switzerland.
If you want to contact us about anything in this document, you can do so at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
If you play our games or contact our customer services, we may collect some or all of the following information about you:
- Your contact information such as name, email address, and if you choose to provide your phone number and birth of date;
- Your player username and password;
- Your game profile – including your profile picture;
- Any other data you choose to give us to help identify you. For example, the answer to a special question we may ask you in order to confirm your identity;
- Your account number;
- ID numbers used to analyse how our games and services are performing;
- Any personal data you provide us for game survey, promotions, campaigns or other events;
- Account numbers for any third-party services you use – for example your account with Facebook, Xbox, Game Center, VK, WeChat, Google, Steam or PSN which you may use with our games;
- information about your purchase on our wesbtore, including payment confirmation details;;
- Information about how you use our website, products and services and your game progress;
- Information about your device, including device name, operating system, browser type and language, your internet protocol (IP) address, and mobile device identifiers (such as for example your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI); and
- marketing and communications data (including any preferences you set on your account).
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you from three main sources – (1) information provided by your direct communications with us; (2) information we are given by third parties such as Facebook Game Center, VK, WeChat, etc.; and (3) information that is automatically generated by your use of our games and websites.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information about you:
- to provide you with an account and let you play our games, access features on our websites, or purchase products from us;
- to communicate with you about our games and services;
- to answer your questions or deal with your complaints;
- to verify your account;
- to keep records of who is playing our games and any payments made to us;
- to customise your game experience;
- to allow you to appear on leader boards;
- if you take part in a competition or respond to any of our surveys;
- to provide social features within our games and websites (including the moderation of any communication you have in our games);
- for advertising and marketing purposes;
- to help us manage and improve our business (e.g. to make our games better for you);
- to better understand how our games and websites are used;
- to moderate any content you submit in our game and communications between players
- to detect and prevent any cheating;
- to detect and fix errors and security risks;
- to fix any problems that you might have playing our games;
- to make sure that our games are safe; or
- to comply with our legal obligations
We also have a number of social features within our games. This means that other players and users may, for example, see your profile data, in-game activities and read the messages you have posted.
We can only use your information when we are allowed by law. For instance, we are allowed to use your information:
- when you have agreed;
- when we need to by law;
- where we need to, to let you play our games and provide you with any products you have requested; or
- for our own interests (e.g. to help us to manage, protect and improve our business) provided that this does not cause you any harm.
A lot of information that we ask from you, we need so that we can let you play our games. You can always choose not to give us your information but if you do so, you might not be able to play.
If you are in Switzerland, the UK or a country within the European Economic Area (EEA), we need to let you know that your information may be shared with companies located outside of your country.
We will follow data protection laws to make sure that any company we share your information with follows the rules to protect your information and keep it safe.
6. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your information:
- with other companies such as game platforms, companies that deal with your payments, marketing partners, our group companies, our IT providers, and our professional services providers like lawyers and accountants; or
- if we sell our business or we buy or work with another business; or
- where necessary to exercise our legal rights or as required by law.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights regarding your information. These depend upon where you live and some rights might not always apply. You may have the right at any time to:
- ask us for a copy of the information we have got about you;
- tell us to change the information we have got about you, or update it yourself, if it’s wrong;
- change how you’d like us to get in touch with you;
- ask us to delete all the information we have got about you (we will then do that, and just keep your name on a list of people we won’t get in touch with again);
- tell us we can’t use your information to send you updates about our games, products, and events or to sell you anything (see the Marketing section below);
- tell us if you are worried about the way we are keeping or using your information and want to make a complaint about this; or
- to tell us that you do not want to have any automated decisions made about you based on your personal data.
To do any of these, or if you have any questions about how we keep your information safe and private, please reach out to our Privacy Office at the contact details below or by visiting the Data Protection Request Page.
If you are not happy with the way we are using your personal data or the way that we have responded to any of your requests above, please contact us as follows:
- If you live in the European Union, please contact EUrepresentativeoffice@funplus.com; or
- If you live in the United Kingdom, please contact email@example.com and include “FunPlus International AG” when you contact them.
If you are still not satisfied with the way that we respond, please contact your local data protection authority.
Any questions, requests or complaints not related to your personal data will not be answered by the Privacy Office. We will forward such requests, questions, or complaints to our Customer Support.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will keep your information only for as long as we need it or for as long as the law requires.
If you have given us permission to contact you about our services and our games, you can change your mind and unsubscribe at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe, you can do it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any in-game messages, you can use the option in the game settings.
You can also use the settings on your mobile device: using Apple iOS, set your privacy settings to “limit ad tracking”; and in Android, set your privacy settings to “opt-out of interest-based ads”.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites may contain links to other sites. The owners of any of these linked websites will have their own policies about what personal data they collect from you and how they use it. We are not responsible for any of the content on the linked websites or any data collected by the owners of those websites. Please make sure you read the privacy policies for these websites before you give them any of your personal data.
11. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or any other comments about this document or your personal data please contact us:
- in writing at: FunPlus International AG Bahnhofstrasse 2, 6300 Zug, Switzerland;
- or by email to email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your device. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. For information on what cookies we use and for what purpose, and how to opt out of cookies, please check our Cookies Policy.